Motogadget m-Unit Blue
The m-Unit Blue packs unbelievable amount of tech into a tiny package with a foot print smaller than the average smartphone. At it’s core a solid-state micro controller and fuse block replacement manages your bikes vital functions while providing a self-correcting monitoring system for electrical faults. In addition it offers scores of features while simplifying your system by replacing loose relays and modules with programmable solid state components that provide superior performance and long term reliability.
The new m.Ride phone app enables you to sync your phone with the m-Unit Blue via Bluetooth® LE technology giving you access scores of new features absolutely unique to this product. Not sure you want that level of connectivity? No problem, program and diagnose your m-Unit manually just like the V.2
Perhaps our favorite feature is the Secure Encrypted “Keyless Go” function allowing you to turn on the ignition with a tap of the start button while your phone in in proximity like a modern luxury car, alternativly you can use your traditional key when your phone isn’t available.
Make sure you review all of the features in the new m-Unit Blue in the tabs above
Revival Cycles is the largest provider of Motogadget products in the Western Hemisphere and when you shop with us you get a lot more than you pay for. Not only are you helping us cover the costs of all the technical videos that the whole world refers to, you're also buying into an unparalleled level of support that can’t be matched by any ecommerce store on the web. We provide technical support derived from years of direct experience installing m-Units. and we have an understanding of the challenges and quirks you won't find answers for in the manual.
Here are ust some of the full complement of components, supplies & tools offered by Revival Cycles to help with your motorcycle restoration
Features that do not require a smartphone and the m.ride App
- •Complete digital control using buttons possible with 4 or 5-button operation.
- •Complete replacement for the fuse box. 10 independent circuits are digitally monitored and switched off if there are faults. After the fault is rectified, the safety function is automatically reset.
- •Integrated alarm system that can be installed in any position.
- •Integrated, digital flasher relay that is load-independent; automatic switch-off optional and can be set; m.wave mode can be selected.
- •Integrated hazard warning light.
- •Turn signal can optionally be set as a positioning light.
- •Integrated parking light and Hi-beam flashing.
- •Lo-beam and Hi-beam (up to 200 W switched capacity) can be controlled using only one button.
- •Integrated, digital brake light modulator; flashing mode can be programmed.
- •Acceleration-controlled emergency brake light (automatic warning signal).
- •Integrated starter relay for the starter system with solenoid (up to 30 A switched capacity).
- •Intelligent and configurable management/switch-off of power consuming devices so that the maximum starting energy from the battery can be used when starting the bike.
- •Integrated, digital horn relay.
- •Two configurable additional outputs AUX1 and AUX2.
- •Diagnostics function for assigning inputs, outputs, the circuit switching status, short circuit diagnostics etc.
- Current measurement enables faults to be detected on all lights suchs as headlights, turn signals, brake lights etc.
Features requiring smartphone and the m.ride App
- •Encrypted connection via Bluetooth® LE (Low Energy) for manipulation protection and lower smartphone and m.unit blue energy usage.
- •Keyless Go (the on-board electrical system is switched on when you approach the bike with your smartphone).
- •Alarm events are sent via Bluetooth® to the App (with date, time, vehicle on the floor etc.).
- •Alarm system mode and sensitivity can be adjusted.
- •The on board voltage can be monitored in the App.
- •Diagnostics on all inputs and outputs; current, voltage and device temperature measurement.
- •Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset.
- •Outputs can be switched manually via smartphone (except for starter).
- •Firmware updates provided anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- •Setup menu can be configured anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- •Speedometer input for comparing the vehicle mileage with m.ride can be used for vehicle management with automatic alerts for maintenance tasks, the condition of the tires, chain, brake pads, oil, operating fluids, spark plugs etc.
- •Logbook for recording journeys and displaying the vehicle status, alarm events and maintenance tasks.
- •Parking position display and Ping! for help locating the vehicle.
- •LIN bus connection for connecting to compatible motogadget products at a later date.
- •m.unit blue
- •Approx. 500 mm (20") connecting cable for battery positive terminal with 10 mm² (7 Gauge) cross section
- •2 cable eyes
- •1 x M5 stainless steel bolt
- •2 x M5 stainless steel bolts with hex nuts
- •1 x speed sensor with 2 magnets
- •Detailed installation and operating instructions
Dimensions and specifications
L/W/H: 101 x 61 x 28 mm (4" x 2.4" x 1.1")
Weight: approx. 180 g
Mounting: 2 x M5 screws, stainless steel (mounting and ground terminal), 1 x M5 screw-on terminal for battery positive
Operating voltage: 6V - 20V
Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C
1 x input (+12V switched) for ignition lock or m-Lock
11 x control pilot inputs (minus/ground, switched) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam/high beam, starter, horn, brake light, kill switch, kick stand switch, LIN-Bus, AUX1 and AUX2
10 x Outputs (+12V) for left turn signal, right turn signal, Lo-beam, Hi-beam, starter, horn, brake light, ignition, AUX1 and AUX2
The m.ride App is now available for Android (from version 6.0) and for iOS (from iPhone 5) coming soon. The modern Bluetooth® LE is used to couple the m.unit blue with the smartphone. This requires certain requirements for the smartphone’s hardware.
USER MANUAL available for download for installation and use documentation.