The m-Can is a digital adaptor for easy wiring and operation of Motogadget instruments directly at the OBD interface of Harley Davidson. Every Harley Davidson™ since 2004 has a OBD interface (On-Board-Diagnosis) as a plug connector at the wiring loom. Plug in this adaptor and your Motogadget instrument can read speed, RPM and MIL (engine warning light) directly from your existing data bus. No more wiring of the sensors for speed and tacho necessary.
The m-Can is incompatible with H-D Softails 2011 and up, as well as models with HD-LAN system. Fits only models with SAE J1850 system.
A tiny black box frees you of the necessity to install speed or RPM sensors. Every Harley-Davidson™ machine later than 2004* is equipped with this 3-pin connector interface. With the m-CAN OBD digital adaptor simply plugged into the interface, your Motogadget instruments can read data straight from the SAE J1850 machines data bus: Speed, RPM and MIL (check engine warning light). Voltage supply over the OBD data bus is also optional, making possible the operation of e. g. the motoscope mini without any installation procedures to the bike.
The instrument is simply connected to the m-CAN OBD. All compatibility issues between instruments and original speed sensors - especially w/ H-D models since 2007 - are solved. Also, the signal for the MIL/malfunction warning is read at the engine as well as peripherally and can be read by installing a LED/indicator light. This means that all original instruments are redundant and may be removed**. The m-CAN OBD consists of only a tiny, completely moulded-in box, an ODB-connector and a sufficiently long connector cable. It is resistant against vibrations and environmental exposure. It's serviceability is ensured even with less than 5V system voltage and meets all SAE-specifications for motorcycles.
- No change and interference at your original wiring loom, use of original H-D plug connectors. No loss of warranty.
- You can go back to original wiring and items anytime
- No soldering, no crimping of cables neccesary
- No special tools neccesary
- No wiring scheme of your bike or skills in electronics neccesary
- Very simple calibration and adjustment of the gauge
- No expensive installation service neccesary
- You save time and money for installation
- You can easily do it yourself
- All indicator lights except ABS/anti-lock brakes and 6th gear can be connected (depends on your device / gauge / indicator lights)
- The only way to use aftermarket instruments with latest H-D models. Only available from Motogadget.
L/W/H of the adaptor box: 38 x 19 x 13mm
Length of the cable: approx. 1000 mm
Weight with connector and cable: approx. 36 g
Connector for the OBD interface: original DEUTSCH connectors
ATTENTION: For certain models, e.g. V-ROD, removing the original tachometer can cause problems with the ECU / immobilizer. Please ask your local dealer or test this before making any modifications e.g. by disconnecting the OEM gauges. You may need to disable the immobilizer on your motorcycle.
For more documentation about the use and installation of the Motogadget m-Can, you can consult the manual here.