Looking for the mo.Unit Basic?
The bad news is that Motogadget has discontinued the mo.Unit Basic due to low demand and supply chain shortages. However, the upside is that the mo.Unit Blue has all the same features along with a whole lot more. Even if you don't use the Bluetooth function every day, the time you save using the app to program the mo.Unit and troubleshooting using real-time voltage monitoring is worth every penny.
The honest to goodness truth is that there was never intended to be a mo.Unit Basic. It was created after the fact to serve a small minority of folks who didn't understand the fundamentals of how short-range Bluetooth connectivity works.
The mo.Unit and its impact:
The mo.Unit has revolutionized vintage motorcycle restoration/repair, and there is absolutely nothing available on the market better at doing what it does.
To describe the mo.Unit as fuse block replacement is an oversimplification. It is a solid-state power distribution module, digital micro-controller for the vehicle. If you have previous experience with motorcycle electrical wiring, this module is a paradigm shift away from everything you know of OEM electrical systems. For example, an OEM switch can be likened to a light switch that completes a circuit when closed. Then accordingly, a button or switch connected to a mo.Unit would be like a key on a keyboard that sends a signal to the computer that interprets that signal and activates the corresponding function. When pressed, the switches complete a ground that is interpreted by the mo.Unit, which activates the appropriate accessory.
The mo.Unit Blue's features:
The mo.Unit Blue can act as a central control unit in the vehicle's electrical system and provides the following features:
- Complete digital push-button control unit; optional 4 or 5 pushbutton operation
- Complete replacement of all OEM fuses. Ten independent circuits are digitally supervised; a circuit will be shut down in case of a fault. On removing the interference, the safety feature will be automatically reset
- Integrated, digital, load-independent flasher relay; with programmable switch-off feature (optional), selectable m-wave mode
- Direction indicator setting for use as a position light
- The parking light, high beam flasher
- Integrated digital brake-light modulator with programmable flashing sequence, acceleration controlled emergency brake-light
- The pairing of mo.Unit with other Motogadget products via LIN bus
- Integrated starter relay for solenoid switch (up to 30A switching capacity)
- Smart and fully configurable load control/shut-off for maximum starting power of battery on the starting process
- Low and high beam control (up to 200W switching power) using just one push button
- Integrated digital horn relay
- Integrated position-independent alarm system
- Integrated hazard light feature
- Diagnostic feature for the layout of input, output, circuit switching status, plus a diagnosis of an electrical circuit, short-circuits, etc.
- Two fully configurable auxiliary outputs AUX1 and AUX2
The mo.Unit Blue's Bluetooth Functionality:
- Calibration and current monitoring allow defect detection of all lights and blinkers. Connecting with your smartphone and the m.ride app provides advanced functionality.
- Pairing via an encrypted Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) connection; thus, a secure and an extremely low power consumption for both vehicle and smartphone.
- Keyless-Go, unlock your bike's electrical system when approaching with a smartphone.
- Reporting of alarm events (date, time, vehicle "down," etc.)
- Real-time fault indication via audio voice to head-set
- Manual switching of outputs (except starter)
- Firmware updates from any location
- Configuration of m.unit setup menu
- The mo. Unit's speedometer input for storage and matching of vehicle's odometer allows for vehicle management with automatic notifications of maintenance tasks and status of wheels, chain, brake pads, oils, operating supplies, spark-plugs, etc.
- Status, alarm, driver, and maintenance logbook
- Display of parking position and "ping!" feature for locating your vehicle
You can buy the mo.Unit Blue here.
We also sell a complete bundle with the mo.Unit Blue, our signature mo.Unit Wiring Kit, and our signature Wire Harness Loom Kit. You can get that here.
Lastly, if you already have a mo.Unit, and you need a pro-level wiring kit, we sell that here.