After riding the new Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer the Revival Cycles crew thought the bike had a strong chopper vibe and wanted to emphasize those characteristics of the motorcycle, while focusing on the style.
The front suspension was replaced with a bespoke girder style front end to radically alter the look and stance of the bike. With 4.7” of trail the Guzzi has a rather stable cruising style, but still turns in well and has a reasonably light steering feel considering the narrow bars.
Taking inspiration from vintage Bultaco bikes, a one piece bodywork was constructed out of aluminum to visually and physically lighten the motorcycle. Adding a seat of ape hangers to the girder front end while keeping the OEM Guzzi controls blends the old and new feel of the bike. Adding a Firestone rear tire and a skinny Avon tire up front give the bike the right stance and look and emphasize how great looking the OEM V9 Roamer wheels are. A bespoke stainless steel dual exhaust lets the engine breath while adding the perfect chopper vibe and sound.
Revival Cycles hand formed the aluminum one piece bodywork, Revival Cycles built the stainless steel 2 into 2 custom exhaust, bespoke girder front end, 70’s inspired metal flake paintwork, Revival Cycles designed/built seat upholstery
- Manufacturer: Moto Guzzi
- Year: 2017
- Model: V9 Roamer
- Weight (wet): 417 lbs (OEM 439 lbs)
- Material: OEM steel frame, steel front girder
- Rake: 26*
- Ground Trail: 4.7”
- Weight (wet): 417
- Weight (dry): Front: 206/Rear: 211
- Hand formed aluminum bodywork, integrated one piece fuel tank/seat, integrated tail light
- Aluminum fuel cap, aluminum seat pan, relocated ignition switch, hand formed aluminum frame side panels.
- Powder coated frame rails, pass pegs, foot controls, front suspension
- Metal flake / mural paintwork
Revival Cycles Designed Parts:
- Aluminum bodywork
- Custom two-tone seat upholstery
- Stainless steel dual exhaust
Relic Girder front suspension, built by Voodoo Vintage to Revival Cycles spec by modifying the linkages for a target trail of 4.7” with a 26 degree rake angle. This was done by lengthening the top girder links.
Pneumatic air shock fitted inside the girder, designed for mountain bikes, with rebound control and high/low pressure adjustments for the air spring for significant adjustability.
- Wheels Front/Rear: OEM V9 Roamer
- Front Tire: Avon Speedmaster 3.25 x 19”
- Rear Tire: Firestone Deluxe Champion 16” x 5”
- 5 ¾” headlight
- Mako LED tail light
- 12 Cell Anti-Gravity battery
- Motogadget mo.Blaze Disc bar end turn signals
- Stock Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
- Custom 2 into 2 (1 ½”) stainless steel exhaust with Cocktail shaker silencers, all welds blended smooth
- OEM Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
- Relocated kickstand, relocated OEM foot pegs
- Posh Amal Style grips, relocated ignition switch
- ⅞” T.C. Bros Bootlegger handlebars
- OEM V9 Roamer
- Relocated V9 gauge into fuel tank
Leave a comment