You are probably aware we love a Moto Guzzi build here at Revival. With a legacy started by Carlo Guzzi, Giovanni Ravelli, and Giorgio Parodi 100 years ago, our respect is profound for the oldest running motorcycle manufacturer in Europe. They are the epitome of the Café Racer, and we are all over it when one comes into the shop.
This project started when one of our first customer’s beloved Moto Guzzi V50 needed a new engine top end. After some deliberation, the price tag was too much to repair the Guzzi. Always looking to get a cherished bike in the right hands, Revival founder Alan Stulberg found a client who would care for the Monza as much as her original owner did. Thus began the V50 Monza project, and the result is a stunning example of a custom small block Moto Guzzi. Almost 300 hours of work went into shaping this build which delivered an incredible bike that is even more fun to ride than to look at.
MOTORCYCLE BUILD SPECIFICATIONS
- Manufacturer: Moto Guzzi
- Year: 1980
- Model: V50 Monza
- Yamaha RD400 gas tank, with a modified tunnel to adapt to the Moto Guzzi frame,
- New mounts welded in and petcock relocation.
- Custom fabricated tail section to mimic RD400 fuel tank.
- Hand-formed seat pan.
- Recess built into the tail section for LED taillight.
- Hand fabricated headlight bucket and headlight bezel to adapt a Honda Dream headlight.
- Hand-formed shorty fenders front and rear; custom-shaped rear fender support mounts.
- Fabricated headlight mounting ears. Custom-built license plate bracket.
Suspension Front suspension/fork:
- Custom CNC machined fork brace built in-house at Revival Cycles.
- Rebuilt front forks. Rear suspension/shocks:
- Progressive 12 series shocks
- Stock V50 wheels sandblasted bare for a bright finish.
- Avon AM26 tires 100/90/18 Rear:
- Avon AM26 tires 110/90/18
- Rebuilt cylinder heads to resolve the problematic Moto Guzzi valve guides.
- Oil pump spacer added for cooling.
- Refreshed engine top end, inspected and re-sealed engine, transmission, and final drive.
- Custom-built aluminum oil breather box w/ baffling, under-seat mounted.
- Rebuilt and tuned Dellorto VHBZ24F carburetors topped with K&N air filters.
- Hand fabricated exhaust system built at Revival Cycles made of stainless steel.
- All welds smoothed out to provide a seamless look. Reverse cone silencers
- LSL Handlebars (street low bend)
- Mini Momentary Push Buttons recess mounted into the handlebars.
- Posh Gum Grips
- Universal clutch perch
- Domino Dual Pull Throttle, custom-built throttle cables.
- Throttle Cable kit Foot Controls
- Custom-built foot controls using dirtbike-style claw footpegs.
- Hand-formed shifter and shift linkage.
- Custom fabricated master cylinder mount and linkage for rear brakes.
- Brembo F05 calipers front and rear
- Brembo master cylinder front and rear
- Revival Custom-built Sniper brake lines front and rear
- Eliminated the factory-linked brakes.
- Full custom-built wiring harness
- Motogadget Motoscope Tiny speedometer recess mounted into the hand-built headlight bucket.
- MotoGadget M-unit
- Anti-Gravity 8 cell battery
- Type-B, Field Excited Three Phase regulator/rectifier
- New stator and rotor
- LED Bullet front turn signals
- LED SuperNova rear turn signals
- LED light strip tail light/brake light
- Supernova rear turn signals
- Posh front turn signals
- Dyna coils
- Cloth braided spark plug wires
- Hidden ignition switch
- Honda Dream headlight
- New Church Moto leather seat, custom upholstered to spec.
- Satin finish BMW M5 graphite gray.
- Powder-coated frame using a matte, textured finish black powder coat.
Leave a comment