We’ve finally made it through what turned out to be a pretty challenging year. Here at Revival, we're eternally grateful to have been allowed to keep the shop open through these most difficult of times, and we feel incredibly fortunate to be working on all these beautiful bikes for our amazing clients. On the cusp of the new year, and in the spirit of looking on the bright side, here are just a few of our favorite builds of 2020.
(1) We celebrated Burt Munro, inspired by Donny Dye’s meeting the Spirit of Munro team at Bonneville in 2017, when they set a new world record. Donny fell in love with the Indian Scout and decided he just had to have one.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/8aKYOECktnc
(2) We set out to build a fun beach hopper and ended up with a practical build that retained the innovation and quality of a stock Husqy. Revival’s design cues and premium finishes resulted in a raw, brutal machine.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/5tF2f-1mrcc
(3) Alan rode Revival's latest build out to the lakes on a glorious spring day. He explained the various upgrades and modifications to the BMW R90Esq, then took it through its paces on the open road.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/T_rfghRAFkE
(4) We looked at the modifications and upgrades to a 2019 Triumph Thruxton TFC Limited Edition. We streamlined the silhouette, improved the electrics, and added state-of-the-art performance parts.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/cFn4okLqM24
(5) Revival restored a super rare BMW R68, the bike that launched a design lineage prevalent today in BMW Motorrad's newly released R18. A one-year-only model, there were just eleven hundred made, and this was BMW's first 100mph bike.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/yzue2jUKcJ8
(6) The Revival team put together this Triumph Bobber custom build for our good friend @reneerouleau. Alan spoke with Renee about the inspiration for the project, and about her reactions to riding the bike for the first time.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/jPTbrJz6obc
(7) Alan & Chris discussed the restoration of a Vincent Rapide, and explored the unique characteristics of "the world's fastest motorcycles."
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/VQ825chw4jg
(8) Alan revealed how he financed the original Revival workshop. Then Chris & Alec looked at just a few of the BSA’s in the shop, including a ’69 Lightning and a ’54 Golden Flash.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/CVa6ix0wnGQ
(9) Alan, Chris & Alec discussed the Brough Superior SS80 that Revival restored to its former glory, and Alec took the 96-year-old machine around Austin.
See the full video here: https://revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-videos/ISssh2O3A8M
Thanks for sticking with us through thick and thin, you guys. We couldn’t do this without all of you. We’ve got some exciting stuff planned for 2021, so stay tuned! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!
PS: Eagle-eyed viewers may have spotted a new Triumph in our recap video; you're not crazy! We'll be sharing that build in the new year!