Motogadget m-Unit V.2
The Motogadget m-Unit is the COMPLETE solution to your electrical woes...
If you ride and thusly work on/repair your own vintage or custom motorcycle then you are fully aware of what is often the most daunting and intimidating system of such a machine...the wiring. It is often respected, misunderstood, misused and sometimes even avoided...the dreaded "bad smoke" that can result in many hours spent scratching your head or cursing the wretched machine that could leave you puzzled, dismayed and possibly stranded.
Well, there is good news on the horizon. At Revival Cycles, we're relentlessly concentrating as much energy and expertise as we can to bring you the best products and finely engineered pieces on the market for all systems on your machine. Wiring is one of the first that we're attempting to demystify, simplify and improve with engineering that even most all modern bikes simply can't come close to. This M-Unit Controller is thus far the finest piece we've come across to solve your wiring frustrations. It's a veritable revolution to the world of custom wiring and all wiring for that matter. Even the finest luxury cars and very few one-off boutique customs have something this advanced. Think about it, when was the last time you saw a car that didn't have a single fuse or relay left to fail or blow at some point? The m-Unit helps even commoners like us achieve innovation that few have ever matched. We love this thing and only wish we'd developed it before the Germans did.
This little diminutive box, that is smaller than your iPhone, will be brains and braun of your wiring system. It's an all-in-one solution to simply and efficiently wire your bike with the least fuss and actual wire possible. With the versatility of being compatible with either 6 or 12 volt systems...this is an amazing way to upgrade and simplify your bike at the same time.
This single device will allow you to achieve the following:
- Ditch all the fuses and never replace one again as this piece completely replaces the fuse panel with up to 8 independent circuits that are digitally monitored and de-energized in case of a fault or failure. After any fault is repaired or removed, the circuit is automatically reset and re-energized
- Ditch all mechanical relays that are often prone to failure (microprocessor controlled and totally solid-state)
- Complete control over handle bar push-buttons or conventional switch control units
- Diagnostics for all circuits using 15 status LEDs that are always active regardless of the ignition being on or off
- The highest possible operational dependability with micro processor controlled and monitored switching operations
- Very flexible feature configuration due to simplicity of setup
- No mechanical relays - newest generation semiconductors switch quickly, free of loss and wear.
- Very compact dimensions (think smaller than an iPhone)
- The M-Unit V.2 provides for hassle-free wiring and requires minimal wiring harnessing.
- Control of high and low beams possible with only one push-button.
- Digital hazard light control - stays on even after de-energizing the main system. (ignition off)
- Integrated digital, load independent flasher relay (like m-Flash), timer-controlled automatic deactivation.
- Selectable flasher mode with fade-in/fade-out effect like with the m-Wave!
- Timer-controlled automatic deactivation of flashers.
- Run always-on safety lights through your turn signals! (Permanent low-light at each turn signal)
- Integrated digital brake light modulator (like m-Stop), selectable flasher mode.
- Integrated alarm system (gravity field sensor)
- Intelligent deactivation of certain devices at engine startup to increase power to starter
- Only one cable required to control combined taillight and brake lights
- Completely water tight and vibration resistant
- Easily mounted by two M5 screws.
- All cable connections are made using terminal blocks.
Features of the new version V.2
- Reduced standby current of 0.35 mA (equivalent to 0.00035 A) if alarm system off, and 0.48 mA (equivalent to 0.00048 A) if alarm system on - for longer battery life
- Alarm system triggered by position-independent MEMS 3D gravity senor
- Alarm system with adjustable pre-alarm and adjustable levels of sensitivity
- Alarm system can be deactivated for easy transport mode
- Integrated parking light
- Voltage range of 3V to 20V
- Can be used with 6V and 12V electrical systems
- With extended voltage range, starting a larger displacement or high-compression engine is not a problem
- Protected against reverse polarity with an auto-shutdown function built-in
- Protected against overvoltage with an auto-shutdown function built-in
- Extreme wire reduction by integrating all wires of switch or push buttons control (including brake light switch) into the handlebar.
Dimensions and specifications
- L/W/H: 101 x 61 x 28 mm
- Weight: approx. 180 g
- Fixture: 2 x M5 screws, stainless steel (mounting and ground terminal), 1 x M5 screw-on terminal for battery positive
- Operating voltage: 3V - 20V
- Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C
- 1 x input (plus, switched) for ignition lock or m-Lock
- 7 x pilot input (minus/ground, switched) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam/high beam, starter, horn, brake light, kill switch or setup respectively
- 8 x output (plus) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam, high beam, starter, horn, brake light, AUX (switched plus for all other appliances)
In the box (included):
M-Unit V.2, approx. 50 cm connector cable for battery plus terminal with 10 mm² nominal cross-section, 2 cable eyelets, 1 x M5 stainless steel screw, 2 x M5 stainless steel screw with nut, detailed installation manual and operating instructions
USER MANUAL available for download for installation and use documentation.