Vape Charging & Ignition System for Honda CB450K & CB500TRegular price $622.98
Upgrade your weak old Honda electrical system with a powerful, modernized, all-in-one solution. No more adjusting points or getting stranded from a weak battery. You'll have brighter lights, and fewer fouled plugs; this system is set-and-forget. You could even run your CB450 or CB500T without a battery.
The original charging system on these models doesn't produce power until you're around 3600 RPMs. That's about the upper level of second gear. Any time you're below that, it's running off the battery, and the ignition system requires a fully charged battery to produce a strong spark. If you use the electric starter much or get caught in stop-and-go traffic, the battery voltage will drop, the bike will begin to stumble as if carbs are out of tune, and eventually, you'll foul out your plugs and be calling your buddy with a pickup to rescue you. Ask me how I know all this...
The Vape charging system comprises a 12 Volt 100 Watt single-phase permanent magnet alternator (PMA) and a Revival exclusive regulator/rectifier compatible with lithium-ion, AGM, and lead-acid batteries. This system provides a considerable voltage increase at low RPMs, meaning you're reaching charge voltages sooner and not just relying on your battery voltage in stop-and-go traffic. The ignition system produces its own power, so the stator only provides power for maintaining the starter and lighting.
Vape ignition systems use capacitive discharge (CDI) tech to produce fat, blue ignition sparks that improve fuel combustion and inhibit plug fouling regardless of available battery voltage. The system includes coils, wires, caps, and an ignition module that replaces the old mechanical advance with an electronic advance with two or more curves to select from.
Here is the essential reading!
Vape ignitions are made to order; depending on availability, delivery times may be 4-8 weeks.
Make sure you have selected the correct system for your make and model. If you have any questions, please reach out to us before checkout. Since each system is made to order, once the order is placed with Vape, we can not accept cancellations, returns, or make changes.
CLICK THIS LINK FOR GUIDANCE ON FITMENT AND INSTALLATION.
- Be sure to revisit the link to the Vape installation guide provided near the bottom of our product page for this specific kit.
- You can integrate Vape systems with the Motogadget mo.Unit for a 100% modernized electrical system on a vintage bike.
- Pay particular attention to the instructions regarding tightening all of the screws on the ignition. They are finger-tight from the factory. We recommend using a blue thread locker on all hardware to eliminate any possible backout from vibration.
- Vape kits do not come with a woodruff key slot. We hear concerns about this from time to time. We use these on our own projects and in all the years we've sold these, we've never seen a single issue. Many bikes don't use keys, and a correctly installed rotor doesn't need one. Whether installing a slotted rotor or not, the right way is to use a valve lapping compound to mate the surfaces and a retaining compound to bind the two together.
- stator unit
- electronic advance unit CDI (""Black Box"")
- twin ignition coil with wires and caps
- relay with cables
- fastening hardware
- cable ties
- rotor puller tool