Motogadget m-Lock Wireless Key
Imagine never having to use a key on your bike again and still having it secure. No more keys to rattle around and annoy you with sound or scratch up your perfectly polished machine...this is what the Motogadget m-Lock offers.
This simple system can utilize two options to turn your bike on and off. One is a very tiny, virtually invisible, glass vial (available for purchase separately here) that can be embedded into your jacket, gloves, or even helmet strap for a completely unencumbered experience. For a more straightforward approach, you can use the small plastic key fob about the size of a quarter that you simply swipe past the sensor and your bike comes to life, ready to go. It's almost like magic with no drama and no keys to carry ever again.
Benefits of this system:
- RFID technology is completely tamper-resistant
- Each key has a unique code
- The first swipe activates the m-Lock without touching it and then, via a simple relay or m-Unit, the entire on-board system power
- No mechanical parts to ever wear out
- No battery to ever replace...completely failsafe
- No overload or scorched pins possible due to indirect switching via the 40 A main relay
- Very compact and can be mounted hidden in many places
- Totally water tight and vibration resistant because of the moulded-in construction
- Depending on the model, key sizes range from very small (key fob sized) to tiny (glass vial) and may be integrated into other objects like gloves, clothing, pendants (non-metallic!), and more.
- Keys can be easily purchased and 'learned' to any m-Lock - your integrated locksmith
- A switching distance of 1.5-2 inches ensures convenient switching while excluding the possibility of accidental engagement
- An integrated LED shows the status of the m-Lock while mounting, connecting and 'teaching' new keys
The m-Lock is a contact free digital ignition lock with Radio-Frequency Identification technology and substitutes mechanical ignition locks or a main on/off power switch for your motorcycle.
The associated digital key/transponder only has to be swiped near the m-Lock (switching distance approx. 1-2 inches) and the ignition is switched on or off completely contact free.
You simply must install the small m-Lock sensor somewhere on the bike and perhaps cover it with non-metallic parts like a plastic side panel or leather and this allows you to completely remove the mechanic ignition lock. This gives a very clean look and many design possibilities are guaranteed - especially for custom bikes! This can be the finishing touch to your machine. After all....this is how you actually turn the damn thing on!
The available option 'Glass Tube' is so small (3 x 13 mm) that it can be sewn into your gloves or clothing and really lose the key idea altogether. [Please note the reduced switching distance (about 5-10 mm) of the Glass Tube transponder] The 2 included standard keys (teardrop-shaped) are key fob-sized.
All keys/transponders are available as a replacement 'key blank' and can be 'taught' to the desired m-Lock.
NOTE: We do not recommend using the m-Lock combined with immobilizers! Contact your dealer/manufacturer for information about the possible deactivation of the immobilizer if necessary.
Dimensions and specifications:
Transmitter/receiver, diameter of installed assembly: 30 mm
Height: 14 mm
Cable length: approx. 50 cm
Weight incl. cable: approx. 30 g
Fixture: 2 x M3 threaded hole on back side
Operating voltage: 6V - 18V
Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C
m-Lock with approx. 50 cm connector cable, 1 user key and 1 master key (teardrop shape), 1 automotive relay 12V/40A, 4 flat pins with isolating sleeves, connector, removable fuse, detailed installation and operating instructions
For more documentation about the use and installation of the Motogadget m-Lock, we encourage you to consult the manual here.